Programmes / Courses offered : M.Sc. (Chemistry)
Vision : To train the students so that they aspire to achieve sound knowledge, develop skills and attitude & to provide indepth understanding of the subject so as to drift along with the competitions and difficulties of life.
Mission : We endeavour to respect and honour quality-based education and.
- To entrust the students with course-based projects so as to enhance their intelligence.
- To provide equal oppurtunities for all strata of society and to provide equality.
- To empower them with sound practical knowledge and its applications as and when required (preparations of rose water, analyzing water and steel samples etc.
- To cultivate the qualities of dedication, perseverance, determination and thus, provide excellence to the students.
- To foster a sense of self-esteem, self respect and confidence amongst the students.
- To cultivate an awareness of critical thinking over environmental and social issues concerned with the humanity.
About Us :
Chemistry department is sufficiently enriched with well deserved and determined staff of 8 full-time and 1 part-time faculty. The seniormost two faculties are well versed with 33 and 30 years of teaching experience and so, the students are benefitted.
A well aquainted lab-attendant is available for complete assistance.The Department feels proud to boast the celebration of birthdays and anniversaries of its members and organizes educational tours in and out of the state and festivals like Basant Panchami.
- Subject Society "CHEMICAL SOCIETY" was first established in the session 2001-02 and is constituted each year.
- Society organizes welcome party of new students as well as farewell party to the old students every year.
- Society celebrates Teacher's Day, Science Day etc.
Departmental Facilities :
- Departmental Library.
- One each of UG and PG laboratory well equipped.
Visiting Faculties during the session 2014-15 :
- Inauguration of the Chemical Society (17.09.14) by Dr. Yasmeen Parvez, CSIT, Durg on the topic of 'Spectroscopy'.
- Dr. Sudhakar S. Dhondge, Principal, S.K. Parwan College, Kamptee (Maharashtra) delivered a lecture on "Quantum Mechanics (Variation method)"on 04.01.15.
- Dr. Alka S. Dhondge, HOD, Biochemistry, LADRP College of Women, Nagpur (Maharashtra) spoke on "Biomolecules" on 04.01.15.
- "Bonding in Transition Metal Complexes" topic was delivered by Prof. Dr. L. J. Palliwal, HOD, Chemistry, RTM College, Nagpur University (Maharashtra) on 11.01.15.
- "Popularity of Chemistry" was depicted by Prof. Dr. H. M. Pande, Deptt. Of Chemistry, HISLOP College, Nagpur (Maharashtra) on 11.01.15.
All Rights Reserved By © Bhilai Mahila Mahavidyalaya 2014
Bhilai Mahila Mahavidyalaya
Affiliated to Hemchand Yadav Vishwavidyalaya, Durg
Recognized Under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of the UGC Act 1956
View Holidays List