About :"Commerce is a discipline which deals with study of buying and selling of goods, provision of services, productions, property and much more."
Programmes / Courses offered : UG: B.Com. ,B.Com. with Computer Applications.
Establishment : Commerce Department has been established in the year 1996 with UG courses. PG course has been established in the year 1991, and we are successfully running both the Courses.
Vision : To impart knowledge based on contemporary education to make the students well versed in the domain of commerce and business. To train the students in such a disciplined way so that they take future challenges with confidence.
Mission : To pursue knowledge through academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. To develop the learners' personality with a strong value base so as to make them entrepreneur.
- To spread commerce education in this region,
- To achieve academic excellence.
- To strive for better results.
- To mould students into ideal citizens with high human values.
- To enable them to be successful leaders in the market and society
These are displayed on board. They are communicated to teachers and other stakeholders through meetings, seminars, discussions, workshops and also incorporated in class-room teachings.
Visiting Faculties 2014-15 :
- Guest Lecture organized on "Internal Audit", as on 15TH March, 2013 by Mr. P. K. Tiwari, D.G.M., Internal Audit, Bhilai Steel Plant.
- Guest Lecture organized on "Taxation", as on 4Th March 2013 by Shri B.N. Agrawal, D.G.M., Bhilai Steel Plant .
- Guest Lecture organized on "Self- Awareness", as on 4TH March 2013, by Dr. Manoj Vergeese, Associate Professor and H.O.D. of Managemet studies, Rungta College of Engineering and Technology, Khoka, Bhilai.
- Guest Lecture on "Awareness on Financial Market", as on 3rd December,2014 by Mr. Sanjay Ashatikar, Regional Manager, E-Trading Academy, Raipur.
Visiting Faculties 2014-15 :
- Commerce Laboratory
- Departmental Library
Current activities of the Department : Achievements in the academic year 2014-15
- UGC Sponsored "National workshop organized on "Innovative Management Practices" on 14-11-2014 and 15-11-2014."
- 7 days workshop on "Understanding stock and financial Market Fundamentals" by E-Trading Academy in association with 'National Stock Exchange' from 25-2-2015 to 5-3-2015.
- Skill Development Training organized by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on account of Corporate Social Responsiability (CSR) for the students of commerce, from 5-12-2014 to 31-12-2014.
- Educational trip to Jatmai and Ghatarani on 08-2-2015.
Participated in Traffic Safety Rally organized by on 15-01-2015.
Counseling in management programmes for the B.COM. Final year students conducted by Ananya Naidu from Balaji Institude of Management, Pune on 10-01-2015.
Women Empowerment Programme Organized in our college by Department of Police from to In the course of that, Unarmed Combat Training (Self- Defence Training) has been given to our girl students.
Future Plan :
- Initiating extension lectures and focusing more on learner- centric classrooms for better implementation of the curriculum.
- To bring down the dropout rate and improve the pass percentage as well as students in University Merit List.
- To increase the participation of students in co- curricular and extra-curricular activities which leads to their personality Development.
- To enhance employment opportunities to our students by increasing number of placements.
- To contribute for developing high moral values and all round development of the students.
- To empower the girl students by making them aware of the importance of individuality and financial independence in their lives.
All Rights Reserved By © Bhilai Mahila Mahavidyalaya 2014
Bhilai Mahila Mahavidyalaya
Affiliated to Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University ,Raipur(C.G.)
Under UGC - 12B ,2F Act
View Holidays List