Vision : The vision of our department is to enable our students to develop their full intellectual potential to give them a solid core of knowledge in fundamental Physics and inculcate in them the skills of critical thinking, problem solving and independent learning.
Mission : The mission of our department is :
- To provide highly competitive environment for U.G and P.G students.
- To give them quality education to excel in their future.
Name of courses offered and allotted seats :
- B.Sc (Maths, Physics, Chemistry):- Aided course (128 seats)
- B.Sc (Maths, Physics, Computer science):- Self financing course (64 seats)
- M.Sc (Physics):-Self financing course (10 seats)
Year of Establishment :
Departmental Facilities :
- Well Equipped Labs for U.G. & P.G
- Seperate Sample Preparation lab.
Activity Details :
- Conduct NGPE Exam 2015
- Organized mobile planetarium show.
- Inaugration of Physical society "spectrum" by Dr. Meenu Varshney, Professor M.B. Khalsa College, Indore.
- Organized Quiz Competition for P.G. students.
- Poster making competition – Topic: "Conservation of Energy"
- Organised 3 Days National Workshop on "Alternate sources of Energy & their uses".
- Visit to Energy park and Science City.
Visiting Faculties :
- Dr. Meenu Varshney, Professor M.B. Khalsa College, Indore.
- Dr. B.P. Chandra, Ex. Vice chancellor of Pt. R.S.U.
- In last 5 years 17 students of P.G. secured their position in merit list.
- In session 2010-2011 Miss Nirmala Sahu got 3 gold medals in P.G.
- In Session 2011-2012 Miss Garima Mishra got 6 gold medals in U.G.
- In Session 2012-2013 Miss L. Silpa of M.Sc. got 3 gold medals from honorable President of India Mr. Pranav Mukherjee.
- Most of the P.G. students got placements in different reputed institutions
- Ms. Kanchan Mahananda (U.G. student) represented university in national and international tournament.
- Ms. Priyanka Rajput of B.Sc. II is topper of NGPE Exam 2015 in Chattisgarh state.
- Ms. Kanchan Banchhor of BSc. II got INSPIRE scholarship award from Dept. of Science and Technology(DST).
Future Plan :
- Teachers are planning for getting more projects from different agencies.
- Minor projects will be given to B.Sc. students.
All Rights Reserved By © Bhilai Mahila Mahavidyalaya 2014
Bhilai Mahila Mahavidyalaya
Affiliated to Hemchand Yadav Vishwavidyalaya, Durg
Recognized Under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of the UGC Act 1956
View Holidays List